At this level, we engage the community through groups to take up their responsibilities to one another. We therefore provide skills for various groups like School Management Committees, PLWHAs, Youth, Women, farmers and fishermen groups. All these groups, especially women, are also eligible for our Micro-finance program SILC which encourage them to start or improve small businesses through consistent savings and loan.
- Currently 921 women groups with a combined membership of 20,262 and a savings level of Kshs 68,000,000 receive loans within Homabay County and parts of Kisumu County. They hope to grow into an MFI or a SACCO by 2019.
- A group of 5 rights groups have come together and formed a network that has opened an abuse reporting and abuse counseling desk in the community.
- PLWHAs have been organized into 7 peer support groups which also help with HIV/AIDS campaigns and stigma reduction.
- Over 3000 PLWHAs access care supported by HHCDO’s partnership with Kenyan Catholic Bishops Conference’s KARP.
- 10 primary schools are linked to the West Karachuonyo Water Project to increase access to safe water.