Homa Hills partnered with DREAMS to support young generation to live a safer lifestyle. DREAMS is an acronym for: DETERMINED. RESILIENT.EMPOWERED.AIDS-FREE.MENTORED.SAFE. The objective of DREAMS is to prevent HIV incidence amongst adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) aged between 10 and 24 by 40% in 2 years.
- Empower Girls and Young Women: We empower girls and minimizes the risk for HIV/AIDS and violence.
- Reduce Risk of sex partners: We characterize sexual partners of adolescent girls and young women in order to target highly effective HIV interventions.
- Strengthen Families: We intensify the family economically as well as in their ability to parent positively.
- Mobilize Community for Change: We educate girls, young women, and young men. We also sensitize the communities for change.
Supports and Provisions
- Parenting skills training/Caregiver programs
- Small stock training – poultry
- Education subsidy/ School fee provision
- Learners’ package
- Career and job readiness skill provision
- Cash transfer
- Solar lamp provision
- Peer to peer discussions
- VSLA, Financial capability and Entrepreneurship training