The aim of this project is to ensure stable and responsive relationship between the OVC and guardian as well as a stimulating environment for the children to “THRIVE”. This project is supported by Conrad N. Hilton Foundation. It is a two-year project running from 2016 to 2017 with the goal of “children under 2 Years to thrive in a sustainable culture of care and support”. Homa Hills is implementing this project in 5 facilities: Kandiege, Wagwe, Homa Hills, Okiki Amayo within Karachuonyo Districts in Homa Bay County.
- Training caregivers on positive parenting reinforced by home visits.
- Assessment of children development using Comprehensive Checklist and Mullen Scales of early learning.
- Maternal depression screening.
- Improve child friendly ECD spaces.
- WASH training.
- Nutrition counseling and education.
- Disability screening.
Clinical practice for CGVs during Care for Child Development training
Promoter sharing with CGVs on play and communication during Care Group Meeting.